Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263
Mauritius Asia and Indian Ocean
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED LES VILLAS D'ALBION
AVENUE DU CLUB MED ALBION, ILE MAURICE
Mauritius in brief
- Surface area: 1,865 sq km
- Capital: Port-Louis
- Official language: English
- Currency: Mauritian Rupee
- Religions: Hinduism (52 %), Catholicism (28.3 %), Islam (16.6 %)
Useful facts for your stay at La Plantation d'Albion Club Med
• Main public holidays and events on Mauritius
- in January: New Year (1 and 2 January) / Thaipoosam Cavadee:
a Tamil festival (mid-January / early February)
- in February: abolition of slavery (1 February) / Spring festival Chinese New Year (early February)
- in March: Maha Shivaratree: a Hindu festival (February/March) / Anniversary of Independance declared in 1992 (12 March) / Ougadi: Hindu New Year (month of March)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in August: Assumption Day (15 August)
- in September: Ganesh Chaturthi: Hindu festival (month of September)
- in October: Divali: festival of light, in homage to the victory of the god Ram over evil (October-November) / Ganga Asnan: festival of the Ganges (October-November)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Anniversary of the arrival of the Indian indentured labourers (2 November)
- in December: Creole festival (early December) / Christmas Day (25 December)
- Eid-al-Fitr: Muslim festival marking the end of Ramadan – month of fasting (the date varies each year)
• Mauritian culinary specialities
- Dishes: beef curry, vindaye (a spicy relish), rougail (a Creole speciality made of tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and spices), chutney
- Fish: tuna, capitaine, bream, red mullet, carp, emperor
- Sea food: crab, winkles, tectecs, shrimps, octopus
- Desserts: Fruit (mango, lychee, papaya, goyave, carambola, atte, coeur de boeuf, pomegranite …), sweet or fried cakes
- Craftwork: model boats, Madagascan table cloths, baskets, wooden games, basketwork
- Local produce: curry and other spices, chillies, salt, sugar, vanilla tea, Chamarel coffee, rum
• A few useful Creole expressions for your stay on Mauritius
- Hello: Bonzour
- Goodbye: Salam
- How are you? : Ki manière?
- Please: Si ou plé
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding La Plantation d'Albion Club Med
Make the most of your stay at La Plantation d’Albion Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of Mauritius.
Historic towns nearby:
● Albion is 6 km from Club Med. Among other things, you can visit the only lighthouse still in activity on the island
● The Casela attraction park is a 20-minute drive from Club Med.
The Mauritian climate
Officially known as the Republic of Mauritius, the island is an Indian Ocean state located some 900 kilometres east of Madagascar, 250 km from Reunion Island and south of the Seychelles. It is in the southern hemisphere, so the seasons are the opposite to the seasons of the northern hemisphere.
Mauritius is a tropical island, so the weather is good almost all year round. Temperatures vary between 20 and 35°C, making for a pleasant heat all year round. Rainfall is very low.
The best period, however, is from October to January, when the sea is warm and there is little rain. There is some rain from January to March, but mostly in the form of short storms that clear the atmosphere.
June to November is the winter season, with daytime temperatures of 25°C and the lowest rainfall. The heat is rarely excessive thanks to the constant breeze that blows during this period. It is a very pleasant season.
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.