Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Ski in ski out
CLUB MED ARCS EXTREME
BOURG ST MAURICE
Telephone: (33) 4 79 04 03 00 Fax: (33) 4 79 07 35 28
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Les Arcs Extrême Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July) / Fête de l'Edelweiss at Les Arcs (folk and world music) br>
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August) / Les Arcs Festival of Classical Music
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December) / Festival du Cinéma Européen des Arcs
• Culinary specialities of the Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees - Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Make the most of your stay at Les Arcs Extrême Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
Les Arcs is on the territory of Bourg-St-Maurice, in the Paradiski domain. There are 4 sites at different altitudes: Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 1950 and Arc 2000.
In the surrounding area, you can discover
• Bourg-St-Maurice and Les Arcs, which combine tradition and tourism, with their Baroque churches and chapels, Alpine pastures, traditional and contemporary architecture
• there are 5 sites in Les Arcs / Bourg-St-Maurice that have the official “20th Century Architecture” label:
- the Mairie (town hall) and Cinema at Bourg-St-Maurice
- the layout of Arc 1600 and Arc 1800 (the town planning system)
- the Aiguille-Rouge cable car
- at Bourg-St-Maurice you can visit the Dairy Cooperative of the Haute Tarentaise, to learn all the secrets of making Beaufort cheese
• Les Arcs Extrêmes Club Med is located:
- A 7-minute cable car ride from Bourg-St-Maurice
- 59 km from Albertville, which hosted the 1992 Winter Olympics.
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers, which can be stormy at times.
During the winter, the cold air tends to accumulate at the bottom of the valleys while the hot air rises.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.