Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Ski in ski out
CLUB MED AVORIAZ
Telephone: (33) 4 50 74 28 70 Fax: (33) 4 50 74 03 61
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Avoriaz Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January) / Festival International du Film Fantastique d’Avoriaz
- in February: Avoriaz Snow Carnival
- in March: Avoriaz Jazz Up
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December) / Avoriaz Fête de la Glisse (Snow Sports Festival)
• Culinary specialities of the Haute-Savoie region
- Starters: salami-type sausage and cured meats; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Haute-Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Haute-Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Avoriaz Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Avoriaz Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Haute-Savoie region.
At an altitude of 1,800 m in the Haute-Savoie region, in the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski domain, Avoriaz is a pedestrian-only resort where you move around on foot, on skis or by horse-drawn carriage.
Avoriaz Club Med is located:
- 46 km from Thonon-les-Bains, a renowned Spa town.
- 83 km from the internationally renowned ski resort of Chamonix Mont Blanc
The climate in the Haute-Savoie region of France
The region has a subcontinental climate, with cold, snowy winters (the windchill factor may increase the sensation of cold at times). Summers are pleasantly warm. Given the sharp differences in altitude, temperatures can vary significantly, and changes in the weather can be abrupt.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.