Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
France Europe and Mediterranean coasts
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
CLUB MED CARGESE
PLAGE DU CHIUNI 20130
Telephone: (33) 4 95 26 90 00 Fax: (33) 4 95 26 90 11
Corsica in brief
- Surface area: 8,680 sq km
- 2 Départements: Haute-Corse: préfecture Bastia / Corse du Sud: préfecture Ajaccio
- Official language: French and Corsican
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: Catholicism (62%), Islam (6%), Protestantism (2%), Judaism (1%)
Useful facts for your stay at Cargèse Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Corsica
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in September: Santa Croce
- in November: All Saints Day (1er November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December) / Saint-Spyridon’s Day (a Cypriot Bishop and patron saint of sailors)
- Flora: alder tree, strawberry tree, chestnut tree, olive tree, Corsican pine (a type of eucalyptus)
- Fauna: sittelle (a small bird), euprocte (a water salamander), royal eagle, sparrow hawk, falcon, mouflon, wild boar, scorpion fish, red mullet …
• Shopping in Corsica
- Craftwork: traditional knives with steel blades and handle made of local wood, pottery and glassware
- Local produce: charcuterie (cooked meats), jam, honey, chestnut flour, cheeses, wines
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Corsica
- How are you?: cume state?
- Peace and health: Pace è salute
- Thankyou: grazia
- Pleased to meet you: mi face piacè
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Cargèse Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Cargèse Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Haute Corse region.
• 7 kms from the Resort, discover Cargèse with its Greek and Latin churches, its fishing port and marina.
• 50 kms from Club Med, the imperial city of Ajaccio is home to the Fesch Museum, which has the largest collection of Italian Renaissance paintings.
• 20 kms from Club Med, discover the Calanche de Piana, the Girolata and Scandola nature reserves, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The climate in Corsica
Corsica has a Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and mild, wet winters; the main winds are west and south-westerly, and take their name from their direction:
Libecciu, Maestrale, Tramontane, Gregale, Levante, Ponente and Sirocco.
The average temperature is 12°C, and gets warmer the further south you go.
The average minimum temperature rarely drops below zero, while the average maximum may reach 18°C on the coast, though the nights are cool in the early spring.
In the heart of summer, coastal temperatures may range from 23 to 36°C, whilst at an altitude of 1,000 metres they vary from 8 to 26°C.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.