Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Italy The Alps, Switzerland and Italy
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED CERVINIA
6 VIA DEL PIOLET 11021
BREUIL CERVINIA (AO)
Telephone: (39) 0166 94 46 00 Fax: (39) 0166 94 46 30
Italy in brief
- Surface area: 301,300 sq km
- Capital: Rome
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: Catholicism (83%) Useful facts for your stay at Cervinia Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Italy, including those specific to the Aosta Valley
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January) / Epiphany (6 January) / Orthodox Christmas at Breuil Cervinia (7 January)
- in March: Culture Week throughout Italy: state museums, sites and monuments are free of charge (between the end of March and early May) / Easter (March or April)
- in April: Liberation Day (25 April)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in June: Festa della Repubblica (2 June )
- in July: Festival of Invasions
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1er November) / Festival of National Unity (5 November)
- in December: Immaculate Conception (8 December) / Christmas Day and St Stephen’s Day (25 and 26 December) / at the foot of Mount Cervin, groups of musicians gather to play during the last days of the year.
• Italian culinary specialities, including specialities of the Aosta Valley
- Starters: agnoletti (dish of minced veal and pork), minestrone …
- Dishes: polenta with ham (the most typical local dish), finanziera (a dish of cock’s combs and veal)…
- Cooked meats: jambon de Bosses, lard d’Arnad, braised ham, motsetta…
- Desserts: fruit (chestnuts, walnuts, apples, pears …), bonet piedmontese with chocolate and amaretti, gianduja chocolate, cheese (fontina, tomme….)
• Flora and fauna native to Italy and specific to the Piedmont
- Craftwork: wooden objects (clogs, barrels… ), embroidery, lace, woolen and other fabrics, sheets…
- Local produce: honey, cheeses, cold meats, cereals, genepi…
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Italy
- Hello: buongiorno
- Goodbye: arrivederci
- Thankyou: grazie
- Yes / No: si / no
- Please: per favore
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Cervinia Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Cervinia Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Historic towns nearby:
● Saint Vincent is 30 km from Club Med. The town is famous for the spa. It has 3 museums, and a casino.
● Turin is 100 km from Club Med. Considered the cradle of Italian unity, Vittorio Emanuele II, a native of Turin, made it the first capital of modern-day Italy.
Travel time: a 2-hour drive.
● Aosta is 55 km from Club Med. It has a major heritage of Roman architecture, with the Arco di Augusto, the Roman theatre and amphitheatre, the Ponte di Pietra and the archeological museum of the Aosta Valley.
Travel time: a 1 hour 15 minute-drive
● Courmayeur is 90 km from Club Med.
The highest town in Italy, its international reputation dates from the origins of the Spa in the 17th century. There are 4 springs of sulphurous water
Travel time: A 1-hour 15 minute drive.
The Resort is at the foot of the Alps in the Aosta Valley. The region has a continental climate. The winters are cold, but the days are generally sunny. The nights can be very chilly.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.