Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Chamonix Mont - Blanc
Bycicle mountain bike
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED CHAMONIX HOTEL "LE SAVOY"
191 ALLÉE DU SAVOY 74400
Telephone: (33) 4 50 53 87 80 Fax: (33) 4 50 53 33 71
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Chamonix Mont-Blanc Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday / Chamonix Science Festival
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July) / Cosmo Jazz Festival (open-air concerts in the mountains)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August) / Chamonix Guides Festival
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Haute-Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Haute Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lilly, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Haute Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Chamonix Mont-Blanc Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Chamonix Mont-Blanc Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Haute Savoie region.
Chamonix Mont-Blanc is at the foot of Mont-Blanc, and comprises 16 villages or hamlets: Le Tour, Montroc, Le Planet, Argentière, Les Chosalets, Le Lavancher, Les Tines, Les Bois, Les-Praz-de-Chamonix, Les Pècles, Les Mouilles, Les Barrats, Les Pèlerins, Les Gaillands, Les Bossons.
This internationally renowned resort is a favourite with mountaineers and lovers of mountain sports in general. Chamonix Mont-Blanc Club Med is a 10-minute walk from Chamonix town centre. You can visit:
- just outside Club Med, Chamonix town with buildings such as the Church of St Michel and the Place Jacques Balmat
- the Alpine Musuem and Museum of Crystals
- Le Montenvers: 20 minutes by rack railway
- L'Aiguille du Midi, access by cable car
- 8 km from Club Med, Argentière, a little village at the foot of the glacier, with its old stone houses around the church.
The climate in the Haute-Savoie region of France
The region has a subcontinental climate, with cold, snowy winters (the windchill factor may increase the sensation of cold at times). Summers are pleasantly warm. Given the sharp differences in altitude, temperatures can vary significantly, and changes in the weather can be abrupt.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.