Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Bahamas Caribbean and American coasts
Scuba diving - Columbus Isle
We propose the best spots, so that Scuba diving enthusiasts can practice their sport in the best possible conditions.
Scuba diving requires specific technique and training, so to ensure optimum conditions, we proposes courses* and packages* only.
Beginners and advanced pupils alike will be able to enjoy their sport in the best possible conditions.
● Quality teaching by specialist instructors or outside operators, to introduce beginners to the sport and enable experienced divers to perfect their mastery of the discipline
● Courses* for all levels, to ensure that all participants makes real progress
● Full equipment for each age group and level of skill.
The head of the diving activity will decide whether a refresher dive is necessary (includes a reminder of instructions, technique and safety regulations) before the start of all advanced diving packages - independent or accompanied by an instructor (depending on level, dive logbook, etc).
The refresher dive is not included in the price of the package.
Boat trips from the Resort, depending on weather conditions.
We propose around 20 different diving spots. Magnficent flora and fauna in a splendid site with vertical drop-offs, canyons and coral heads. Among the fish population you'll see barracudas, groupers, including the famous Nassau grouper, triggerfish, turtles, hammer and reef sharks.
->: Additional information
San Salvador has a multitude of diving sites for all levels, from beginner to experienced diver. You'll appreciate the beautifully preserved coral reef, water at an average temperature of 27°C, exceptional visibility (beyond 30 m / 100 ft in many cases) and a fascinating variety of underwater life on an impressive drop-off that surrounds San Salvador.
The drop-off begins at a depth of 9 to 15 metres (30 to 50 ft, depending on the spot) and goes much deeper. There are over 35 spots just a few minutes' boat ride from the centre; the furthest spots are less than an hour away.
The San Salvador sites are within a protected marine area.
> Diving spots on San Salvador island are as follows:
A few examples...
●Doctor John's 12 to 40 m deep (40 to 130 ft) Vast coral garden on the reef, with tunnels and crevasses.
●Telephone Pole 11 to 40 m deep (36 to 130 ft) Sandy bottom at 12 m (40 ft) leding to a "tunnel" that comes out at depth of 20 m (65 ft) in the heart of the wall.
●Runway 10 11 to 40 m deep (36 to 130 ft) A wide vertical wall with a step at 14 m (45 ft).
● The centre has a decompression chamber and a doctor specialised in problems related to Scuba diving
● Nitrox 32% available (7 USD per refill, around 5 Euros)
● Every day: mornings, 2 dives, afternoon, 1 dive except Wednesday, which is night dive day
● 2 catamarans, 10 and 12 metres (42 ft) specially equipped for diving
● PADI 5 Star Resort
● SCUBAPRO equipment rental
● Lockers for your personal equipment (bring a padlock).
Advanced diving package with equipment
For information, this package is proposed with or without an instructor (instructor at extra cost).
Minimum level required: CMAS 1 Star, PADI Open Water or equivalent
Over a period of 6 days, the course includes:
● 12 open water exploration dives, including 1 refresher dive
● Full equipment (cylinder, lead belt, wetsuit, stab jacket, dive regulator, flippers, mask and snorkel) and boat trips
● Your licence
● Your dive log book
● A bank card to guarantee your equipment
Minimum stay: 7 days
Minimum age: 10
Beginners' diving course - PADI Open Water
Over a period of 6 days, this course includes:
5 pool/confined water lessons
4 accompanied diving exercises in the sea
5 theory sessions/videos and final exam
Full equipment, instruction and boat trips
Cost of the certificate included in the package
It does not include:
Dive logbook, PADI handbook and course material, on sale on site only
Minimum age: 10
Minimum stay: 7 days.
Dive computer rental
Summer 2014 (price given as an indication, subject to exchange rate):
15 USD per day (around 11 Euros)
75 USD per week (around 55 Euros)
First dive (adults) - PADI Discover Scuba Diving
This one-day course includes:
● 1 pool/confined water dive
● 1 accompanied shallow sea dive from the snorkelling boat
● Full equipment (wetsuit, cylinder, lead belt, stab jacket, diving regulator, flippers, mask and snorkel), instruction and boat trips
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.