Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
China Asia and Indian Ocean
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
Discovery & culture
YUZI PARADISE,DABU TOWN,YANSHAN
Telephone: +86 773 386 5555
China in brief
- Capital: Beijing
- Official language: Mandarin, Cantonese
- Currency: the Yuan
- Religions: Buddhism, Taoism, Protestantism Useful facts for your stay at Guilin Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in the Guilin region of China
- in January / February: Chinese New Year or Spring Festival (Chunjie, lasts 3 days, between mid January and mid-February) / Lantern Festival (Yaunxiao jie, (2 weeks after Chinese New Year)
- in April: Ancestors Day or Grave Sweeping Day (Qingmingjie, usually falls on 5 April)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Chinese Youth Day (4 May)
- in June: Dragon Boat Festival (to dispel demons that bring sickness, and strengthen the body, during June)
- in July: Anniversary of the foundation of the Communist Party (1 July)
- in September: Double Ninth Festival (Chong Yang, in honour of ancestors, 9 September) / Mid-autumn Festival or Moon Festival
- in October: National Day (1 October.
• Culinary specialities of China and the Guilin region
- Starters: black Chinese mushrooms, spring rolls, chicken wings
- Special dishes: Guilin rice noodles, jianjiu (soup with rice balls), pidan (100-year old eggs), grilled scorpion, grilled or boiled snake, jiaozi (Chinese ravioli)
- Fish: fish cooked in Yangshuo beer, crab, shrimps, suzhou (smoked carp, guiyu (mandarin fish), eels, dried jellyfish
- Meat: Peking duck, roast goose, pork, chicken, frogs legs, sparrow, coypu, hedgeho, alligator
- Vegetables: alongside the ubiquitous rice and noodles, typical vegetables include fermented black beans, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, lotus roots and cabbage
- Desserts: almond biscuits, ginger, green tea jelly, lychees
- Drinks: Li Jiang beer, Snow beer, tea, maotai (strong liqueur), osmanthus wine and tea, Guilin 3-flower wine
• Flora and fauna native to the Guilin region of China
- Flora: azalea, bamboo, bonsai, osmanthus, peach and plum trees, ginseng, peonies, roses, tulips, rape seed, aloe vera; large forests in Mandchuria, tropical vegetation in Xishuangbanna, steppes in Mongolia, etc
- Fauna: giant pandas, Asian elephants, panthers, golden haired monkeys, red-crowned cranes, white egrets, white-fin dolphins, Yang Tsé alligators, yaks, salamanders
• Shopping in China, and the Guilin region
- Craftwork: traditional Chinese costumes, silk garments, bronze sculptures, antiques, watercolour scroll paintings, ethnic objects and jewelry, decorative chopsticks, nianhua (prints for New Year), porcelain, perfume bottles and hand-painted glass, Lijiang crystal ware.
- Spices: ginseng, soya, ginger, sesame.
• A few useful expressions for your stay in China
- Hello: nihao
- Goodbye: zàijiàn
- Thankyou: Xièxie
- Yes / No: shi / bùshi
- Please: qing ni
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Guilin Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Guilin Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
China has a huge variety of landscapes and cities, towns and villages with a wealth of monuments, ancient architecture, palaces, imperial gardens and temples, magnificent buildings and parks.
Guilin is renowned for the beauty of its landscapes and the wealth of its culture.
• The city of Guilin is 45 km from Club Med.
The landscapes of Guilin are a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and among the most beautiful landscapes in China. The enchanting beauty of its karstic landscapes give their characteristic shape to the banks of the River Li, attracting millions of visitors from China and around the world. The city gets its name from the osmanthus, a local tree that gives pretty red or white flowers from June to July. Guilin means “the osmanthus forest”.
Travel time: a 45-minute drive
• Yangshuo is 60 km from Club Med.
The western world discovered this town thanks to the backpackers who would stop over on their travels through China. It is now a thriving destination for shopping and tourists, with music playing on every street corner and terrace cafés. The surrounding area is beautiful and well worth exploring.
Travel time: a one-hour drive.
The climate in China
The Guilin area has relatively hot summers and cold winters, with very little snow; the spring and autumn are short, warm seasons. The region can be visited all year round.
May and June have the highest rainfall, while November to March is relatively dry.
● Time difference: GMT + 6 hours in summer
● Time difference: GMT + 7 hours in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.