- Surface area: 377,900 sq km
- Capital: Tokyo
- Official language: Japanese
- Currency: the Yen
- Religions: Shintoism (90%), Buddhism and Catholicism (10%) Useful facts for your stay at Kabira Beach Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Japan
- in February: anniversary of the foundation of the State (11 February) / the Sapporo Snow Festival, an open air museum with fabulous snow sculputes and ice statues (during February)
- in May: Constitution Memorial Day (3 May)
- in July: Obon, a festival to commemorate deceased ancestors (13-15 July)
- in September: Respect for the Aged Day, Keiro no Hi (3rd Monday in September)
- in November: Day of Culture, Bunka no Hi, with art exhibitions, parades and ceremonies (3 November)
- in December, the Emperor’s birthday and Japanese National Holiday (23 December
• Japanese culinary specialities
- Starters: tuna maki, chicken soup
- Typical dishes: goya (a vegetable found in Okinawa), gyoza (Japanese ravioli), shabu-shabu (Japanese fondue), rice, saba (buckwheat noodles), sushi
- Fish: grilled fish, salmon with green tea sauce, tempura (deep-fried seafood and vegetables)
- Meat: niku-don (slices of meat and rice), yakitori (chicken kebabs)
- Desserts: Fruit agar agar, yokan (made of red bean paste), bananas with coconut milk, green tea cake
- Drinks: sake, sochu (distilled grain liqueur)
• Flora and fauna native to Japan
- Flora: deciduous trees such as the kamba, the miyama-nakamado and the todomatsu; conifers such as the shirabe, and the Japanese maple.
- Fauna: deer, wild boar, foxes, hares, brown bears, eagles, falcon...
• Shopping in Japan
- Craftwork: lacquered objets, lucky charms, Japanese prints, kokeshi dolls, ryukyu glass, ceramics
- Local produce: soya sauce, sesame oil, asazuke marinade, neri mustard, yuzu kosho (condiment with yuzu and chilis), schichimi togarashi (hot chillies), wasabi
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Japan
- Hello: konnichiwa
- Goodbye: sayonara
- Thankyou: arigato
- Yes: hai
- No: lle
- Please: shitekudasaï
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Sahoro Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Sahoro Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
In the far east of Asia, Japan is an archipelago with a thousand faces. Besides Tokyo and Osaka, the two giant cities that represent Japan’s economic power and technology, there are a multitude of towns and villages that have preserved their age-old traditions.
• The typical, authentic village of Shintoku is 15 km from Club Med.
Travel time: a 20-minute drive.
• Obihiro is 70 km from Club Med. The city houses the headquarters of the fifth division of the northern army of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. The emblems of Obihiro are the skylark and the birch tree.
Travel time: a one-hour drive.
The climate in Japan
Sahoro is on the island of Hokkaido, in the north. With abundant snow from December to March, Hokkaido is renowned worldwide for skiing and snowboarding, and is said to have “the finest snow in Japan”.
GMT time difference : + 9 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.