Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Japan Asia and Indian Ocean
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Bycicle mountain bike
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED KABIRA ISHIGAKI
BANCHI,KABIRA-ISHIGAKI CITY 907-0453
Telephone: (81) 980 844 600 Fax: (81) 980 882 880
Japan in brief
- Surface area: 377,900 sq km
- Capital: Tokyo
- Official language: Japanese
- Currency: the Yen
- Religions: Shintoism (90%), Buddhism and Catholicism (10%) Useful facts for your stay at Kabira Beach Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Japan
- in February: anniversary of the foundation of the State (11 February) / Okinawa marathon
- in March: Okinawa International Film Festival (end of March)
- in May: Constitution Memorial Day (3 May)
- in July: Day of the Ocean, Umi no Hi (3rd Monday in July) / Obon, a festival to commemorate deceased ancestors (13-15 July) / firework festivals (end of July) in Tokyo and other cities / Eisa Okinawa (folk dancing, from July to October)
- in August: various summer festivals in different areas of Japan feature lanterns and decorated floats (early August)
- in September: Respect for the Aged Day, Keiro no Hi (3rd Monday in September) / Eisa Folk Dance Festival in Okinawa (during September)
- in November: Day of Culture, Bunka no Hi, with art exhibitions, parades and ceremonies (3 November)
- in December, the Emperor’s birthday and Japanese National Holiday (23 December
• Japanese culinary specialities
- Starters: tuna maki, chicken soup
- Typical dishes: goya (a vegetable found in Okinawa), gyoza (Japanese ravioli), shabu-shabu (Japanese fondue), rice, saba (buckwheat noodles), sushi…
- Fish: grilled fish, salmon with green tea sauce, tempura (deep-fried seafood and vegetables)
- Meat: niku-don (slices of meat and rice), yakitori (chicken kebabs)
- Desserts: Fruit agar agar, yokan (made of red bean paste), bananas with coconut milk, green tea cake.
- Drinks: sake, sochu (distilled grain liqueur).
• Flora and fauna native to Japan
- Flora: irises, fragrant white daphne, lotus flowers, prunus, flowering cherry tree, bamboo, pine tree, maple tree, tea tree, wax tree, lacquer tree, Japanese quince.
- Fauna: seals, morse, deer, wild boar, wolves, antelopes, hares, brown bears, foxes, Japanese macaques, habu snakes, wild cats, black martens, eagles, falcons, nightingales
• Shopping in Japan
- Craftwork: misa (plaited fabric), lacquered objets, Japanese prints, kokeshi dolls, yukata (light, summer kimonos)
- Local produce: soya sauce, sesame oil, asazuke marinade, neri mustard, yuzu kosho (condiment with yuzu and chilis), schichimi togarashi (hot chillies), wasabi
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Japan
- Hello: konnichiwa
- Goodbye: sayonara
- Thankyou: arigato
- Yes: hai
- No: lle
- Please: shitekudasaï
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Kabira Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Kabira Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
In the far east of Asia, Japan is an archipelago with a thousand faces. Besides Tokyo and Osaka, the two giant cities that represent Japan’s economic power and its technology, there are a multitude of towns and villages that preserve their age-old traditions.
• Ishigaki Island is 18 km from Club Med.
It is the most densely populated of the Japanese islands, renowned for its coral reef. It has a number of houses built in the Okinawa tradition, protected by a hedge that serves as a barrier against storms and fire, and a Hinpun fence that acts as a charm against evil spirits. The roof has ornamental sculptures, part lion, part dog.
Travel time: 25 minutes.
• Naha Island is a 40-minute flight from Club Med.
Naha is the capital of Okinawa. The town centre, around the main street - Kokusai-dori - is modern and lively. You can visit the Gyokusendo cave in the south western part of the island, and the sites and memorials of the Battle of Okinawa.
The climate in Japan
The climate varies considerably from one part of the country to the other. The best periods to visit Japan are spring, for the fabulous explosion of colour, with the famous flowering cherry blossom, and autumn, with its agreeable temperatures and autumn colours.
GMT time difference : + 9 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.