Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Italy Europe and Mediterranean coasts
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED KAMARINA
B.P 58 SCOGLITTI 97019 RAGUSA
Telephone: (39) 0932 919 111 Fax: (39) 0932 919 394
Italy in brief
- Surface area: 301,300 sq km
- Capital: Rome
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: Catholicism (83%) Useful facts for your stay at Kamarina Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Italy, including those specific Sicily
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January) / Epiphany, celebrated particularly in the Byzantine tradition in the province of Palermo, (6 January)
- in February: Almond Blossom Festival in Agrigento, with a torchlight procession in the Valley of the Temples (1st half of the month)
- in March: Culture Week throughout Italy: state museums, sites and monuments are free of charge (between end of March and early May)
- in April: Procession of the Mysteries at Trapani (22 and 23 April) / Holy Week rituals in many Sicilian towns, and Easter (March or April) / Liberation Day (25 April) / Sicilian Cart Fair at Taormina (April or May)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Festival of Santa Lucia in Syracusa: she saved the city from famine in 1646 (1st Sunday in May)
- in June: Festa della Repubblica (2 June)
- in July: grand festival in honour of Santa Rosalia, patron saint of Palermo, with fireworks and procession (15 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1er November) / Festival of National Unity (5 November)
- in December: Immaculate Conception (8 December) / Christmas Day and St Stephen’s Day (25 and 26 December)
• Sicilian culinary specialities
- Starters: antipasti (cooked meats, grilled peppers, raw vegetables, cheese…
- Dishes: many rice dishes, such as risotto, arrancini (rice balls stuffed with meat and tomato sauce and peas), fish or seafood dishes (lobster, sword fish, tuna, sardines…)
- Desserts: almond cakes, cannoli, cassata, marzipan
• Flora and fauna native to Sicily
- Flora: vines, citrus fruits, prickly pears, oak trees, beech trees, pine trees…
- Fauna: wild rabbits, birds of prey, woodcocks, porcupines, storks, flamingos…
• Shopping in Sicily
- Craftwork: ceramics, papyrus, pupi (wooden marionettes)…
- Local produce: olive oil, capers, pasta reale (marzipan)
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Italy
- Hello: buongiorno
- Goodbye: arrivederci
- Thankyou: grazie
- Oui / Non: Si / No
- Please: per favore
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Kamarina Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Kamarina Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Sicily is the largest of the Mediterranean islands. There are many historic towns near the Club Med Resort:
- Ragusa is 29 km from Club Med. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2002, Ragusa is an ideal destination for lovers of history and the sea. Important monuments include the cathedral of San Giovanni Battista and the Ibleo archeological museum.
Travel time: a 35-minute drive.
- Santa Croce Camerina is 11 km from Club Med. You can visit the archeological museum, built on the ruins of the Greek city of Kamarina. It has a fine collection, including amphora from the days of ancient Greece.
Travel time: a 13-minute drive
- Agrigento is 120 km from Club Med; it is one of the main Mediterranean cities, with numerous remains of magnificent Doric temples.
Travel time: a 2-hour drive.
- Cava d'Ispica is 25 km from Club Med. It is an archeological site in an exceptional environment. Mediterranean vegetation with numerous fascinating historic remains including prehistoric necropolises and Christian catacombes.
Travel time: a 35-minute drive.
The climate in Sicily
Sicily has a Mediterranean climate, tempered by the influence of the sea. The summers are generally hot, dry and very sunny on the coast. The heat becomes torrid when the hot dry Sirocco blows in from Africa. It rarely rains in summer, but there may be violent storms.
Sicily is an all-year-round destination: April and May are particularly pleasant months, as is the early autumn. Temperatures are moderate in winter, the season with more the highest rainfall
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.