Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
La Plagne 2100
France The French Alps, France
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Ski in ski out
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED LA PLAGNE
Telephone: (33) 4 79 22 24 26 Fax: (33) 4 79 22 24 03
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at La Plagne 2100 Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoy region
- Starters: salami-type sausage and cured meats; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoy region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoy region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding La Plagne 2100 Club Med
Make the most of your stay at La Plagne 2100 Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
Opposite Mont Blanc and the Massif du Beaufortain, La Plagne is a winter sports resort in France’s Savoy region, in the Tarentaise Valley.
It is divided into:
• typical Savoy villages such as La Plagne Montalbert, Montchavin, Les Coches, Champagny en Vanoise.
• more modern, urban infrastructures ideal for skiing enthusiasts, linked by a shuttle (free of charge): La Plagne 1800, Plagne Bellecote (1930 m), Plagne Centre (1970 m), Belle Plagne, Plagne Village, Plagne Soleil (2050 m) and Plagne 2100
La Plagne 2100 Club Med is a few hundred metres from Aime La Plagne.
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.