Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Les Deux Alpes
France The French Alps, France
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
CLUB MED LES DEUX ALPES
ZAC DU CLOS DES FONDS 38860
LES DEUX ALPES
Fax: (33) 4 76 79 07 14 Telephone: (33) 4 76 79 05 26
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Aime La Plagne Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Isère region
- Starters: a wide variety of cured meats and sausages such as murçon pork sausage
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Grenoble walnut cake, known also as dauphinois or grenoblois, ruifard apple pie from the Valbonnais region
• Flora and fauna native to the Isère region
- Flora: flowers such as the edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; Swiss pine, fir, spruce, larch, and beech trees
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Isère region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Les Deux Alpes Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Les Deux Alpes Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Isère region.
Les Deux Alpes is located at an altitude of 1,650 m, in the Massif de l’Oisans, where the ski domain reaches an altitude of 3,600 m.
In the area surrounding the Deux Alpes Club Med, you can discover:
• The Deux Alpes ski resort with one of the largest skiable glaciers in Europe. This was one of France’s first resorts. In 1998 and 2002, one of the Tour de France Alpine stages ended here.
• Many typical villages, such as Auris-en-Oisans, Huez-en-Oisans, La Garde, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and Villard Reculas
• Grenoble, one of the major towns in the Rhône Alpes region, is 65 km away. It has many churches and religious buildings, parks, concert halls and is renowned for its gastronomy.
The climate in the Isère region of France
The Isère has considerable diversity in its climate, which in the mountain areas gets colder, the higher the altitude, with considerably colder temperatures at night. While winters in the mountains are inevitably cold, Les Deux Alpes Club Med is in the southern Alps, and benefits from relatively generous sunshine. Skiers can thus enjoy their sport with exceptional snow cover and sun.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.