Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Marrakech La Palmeraie
Morocco African coasts and Middle East
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Discovery & culture
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED MARRAKECH LA PALMERAIE
SIDI YAHYA LA PALMERAIE 44 000
Telephone: (212) 5 24 42 58 00 Fax: (212) 5 24 42 58 10
Morocco in brief
- Surface area: 446,550 sq km (710,850 sq km with the Western Sahara)
- Capital: Rabat
- Official language: Arabic and Amazighe (Berber). French is also widely used.
- Currency: the Dirham
- Religions: Islam (98%) Useful facts for your stay at Marrakech la Palmeraie Club Med
● Main public holidays and events in Morocco
- in January: New Year’s Day (1st January) / Manifesto of Independance pronounced in 1944 (11 January
- in February: Marrakech Madjazz Festival (during February)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in July: Feast of the Throne, one of the most important civil celebrations, dating back to 1934, with fireworks and parades (30 July) / the Sun Festival, a national festival of youth and music, is a celebration of the nation and of patriotism, during the festival of youth and the throne (end of July) / National Festival of Popular Arts of Marrakech (during July) / Samaa Festival of Sacred Music of Marrakech (during July)
- in August: Oued Eddahab, marks the return of the Saharan provinces to Morocco (14 August) / Anniversary of the Revolution of the King and the People (20 August) / Youth Day, also the Birthday of King Mohammed VI (21 August).
- in November: Anniversary of the Green March, a pacific march from Morocco to the Western Sahara that took place in 1975 (6 November) / Indépendance Day, celebrates the return from exile of King Mohammed V (18 November).
- in December: Marrakech International Film Festival (FIFM) (end of November or beginning of December).
● The calendar of Muslim religious festivals
The dates vary from year to year. The Muslim New Year (Muharram) or Ras al-Am, is the first day of the first month of the Hegirian calendar. Achura is the 10th day of the month of Muharram, the anniversary of the death of Hussein and the commemoration of the crossing of the Red Sea by Moses. Al-Mawlid an-Nabawi is the commemoration of the birth of the prophet a 2-day holiday to spend with the family). Ramadan falls in the 9th month of the Muslim calendar, a period of fasting and abstinence from sunrise to sunset. Aïd al-Fitr or Aïd es Seghir is a 3-day celebration of the end of the Ramadan fast. Aïd al-Kebir or Aïd al-Adha takes place 70 days after the end of Ramadan.
● Moroccan culinary specialities
- Starters: brioute (small fried beignets), mechouia (salad of tomatoes, cooked peppers, garlic and lemon), harira (soup eaten at the end of the day’s fasting during Ramadan
- Dishes: tajine (with preserved lemon, 7 vegetables or prunes), Couscous Bidawi (with vegetables) or Couscous royal (with meat), tanjia and snails are specialities of Marrakech
- Desserts: brioute with honey and almonds, haloua rhifa (cone-shaped cake served at weddings and to celebrate a birth), ghoriba with almonds or sesame seeds, bechkito (crispy biscuit) milk pastilla or ktéfa
● Flora and fauna native to Morocco
- Flora: palm trees, olive trees, pine trees, fruit trees, argan trees, juniper bushes, poppies, lavender
- Fauna: jackals, lynx, mules, sheep, goats, horses, camels, gazelles, tortoises, cameleons and monkies
● Shopping in Morocco
- Craftwork: wrought iron and metalwork, leather, wooden objects such as boxes and trays, pottery, lamps, jewelry, carpets, woollen blankets
- Local produce: cinnamon, saffron, paprika, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, cumin, ras-al-hanout, Argan oil (used in the kitchen and for cosmetics), henna, filou (may replace mint in mint tea), rassoul)
● A few useful expressions for your stay in Morocco
- Hello: sbah al khair (in the morning), msa al khair (in the evening)
- Goodbye: bslâma
- Thankyou: shukran, barak allahou fik
- Yes: ayeh or naâm
- No: o-o or la
- Please: afak or min fadlak
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Marrakech la Palmeraie Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Marrakech la Palmeraie Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Marrakech is known as the “Pearl of the South” or the “Red City".
Marrakech la Palmeraie Club Med is located:
- 5 km from Marrakech town centre, with the buzzing Djema-el-Fna square, and the souks representing the different corporations of craftsme
- 70 km from Toubkal National Park, which has the highest mountains in North Africa (Toubkal is at an altitude of 4,176 m), with plateau, cliffs a lake and many types of rock
- 75 km from Oukaimeden, Morocco’s main ski resort, at 3,200 m altitude in the Atlas Mountains.
- 260 km from Agadir, the capital of Sousse and a fishing port, with a long sandy beach; the Bay of Agadir and Bay of Taghazout, nearby, are among the most beautiful bays in the world.
The climate in Morocco
In Marrakech, the winters are often cool in the morning and evening, but in the middle of the day the average temperature goes up to 18°C. The Atlas Mountains, visible from Marrakech, are generally snow-covered from November to April. Summers are very hot. A humid and relatively rare wind, the Herrûrco, sometimes blows in autumn.
GMT time difference : 2 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.