Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
France The French Alps, France
Charm & Prestige
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
Telephone: (33) 4 79 23 28 23 Fax: (33) 4 79 23 28 18
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Méribel Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoy region
- Starters: salami-type sausage and cured meats; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoy region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoy region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Méribel Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Meribel Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
In the heart of the 3 Valleys, Meribel lies at an altitude of 1,450 metres, and blends in beautifully with the mountain environment.
The resort has shuttles that will take you to all the Meribel villages:
• Meribel les Allues, at 1,100 metres, is an authentic village just outside the heart of the Meribel ski resort.
• Meribel Village is the traditional village, at an altitude of 1,400 metres, on the route de la Tania; it is in perfect harmony with the chalet environment.
• Meribel-Mottaret is at 1,850 metres, below the nature reserve and Lac Tueda.
Meribel Club Med is:
• 30 km from Albertville, which hosted the Winter Olympics and is ranked a “City of Art and History”.
• 40 km from the authentic Savoy village of Bonneval, ranked among the 151 most beautiful villages in France, in the heart of the Vanoise national park.
Meribel l’Antarès Club Med is just a few hundred metres from Meribel le Chalet Club Med.
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.