Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Turkey Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED PALMIYE
TEKERLEKTEPE MEVKII 07980
Telephone: (90) 242 814 32 60 à 69 Fax: (90) 242 814 12 96
Turkey in brief
- Surface area: 783,562 sq km
- Capital: Ankara
- Official language: Turkish
- Currency: Turkish Lira
- Religions: Islam
Useful facts for your stay at Belek Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Turkey
- in January: New Year (1 January)
- in April: Children’s Day (23 April)
- in May: Youth and Sports Day (19 May)
- in August: Victory Day (30 August)
- in October: Republic Day (29 October) / the Antalya Film Festival takes place every year in September or October
- in November, a minute’s silence at 9.05 am for the anniversary of the death of Kemal Ataturk
• The calendar of Muslim religious festivals
Muslim festivals are calculated according to the Hegirian lunar calendar (Christian Easter is also calculated according to the moon). The dates vary from year to year.
- Ragaip Kandili (conception of the Prophet)
- Miraç Kandili (the Prophet’s last voyage)
- Berat Kandili (the Prophet’s revelation)
- Mevlid-I Nebi (birth of the Prophet)
- Ramadan, the 9th month of the Muslim calendar, period of fasting and abstinence from sunrise to sunset
- Seker Bayram, Sugar Festival, marks the end of Ramadan and lasts 3 days
- Kurban Bayram, Feast of the Sacrifice, the most important festival in the religious year, commemorates the sacrifice of Abraham, and takes place 70 days after Ramadan
• Turkish culinary specialities
- Starters: borek (pastry filled with minced meat and cheese), cacik (cucumber, yoghourt and garlic salad), yayla corbasi (yoghourt soup with rice)
- Dishes: doner kebab (grilled meat cooked vertically and sliced), shish kebab (grilled meat and vegetables served on a skewer), kofte (meatballs)
- Desserts: Turkish delight, sweet pastries with honey, almonds and pistachios such as baklawa, sutlaç (rice pudding)
• Flora and fauna native to Turkey
- Flora: forests of pine trees and conifers, the Köprülü Canyon National Park, a beautiful valley with many waterfalls.
- Fauna: Belek is a privileged site for the reproduction of the Caretta Caretta turtle, a species in danger of extinction. And the Bogazkent region is famous for various species of birds, some of which are migratory and pass via Belek on their journey
• Shopping in Turkey
- Craftwork: jewelry, ceramics, hookahs, onyx, carpets….
- Local produce: a vast range of spices, nuts (walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts) and olives.
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Turkey
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Belek Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Belek Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
The region is renowned for its long sandy beaches and famous worldwide for its golf courses, 11 in total, including the Lykia Links Golf Course at Club Med.
Belek Club Med is located:
• 10 minutes from Aspendos, one of the best preserved archeological sites in Asia Minor
• 20 km from the village of Serik
• 20 km from Manavgat, a city where water is omnipresent, with its dam, two lakes, and artificial waterfall.
• 65 km from Antalya, the tourist capital of the Turkish Mediterranean coast, known as the Turkish Riviera.
The climate in Turkey
Located to the east of Antalya, protected by the Taurus Mountains, the region has 300 days of sun per year, and pleasant temperatures all year round. Belek is the only Club Med Resort in Turkey that is open summer and winter, thanks to its exceptional climate.
GMT time difference : + 3 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 2 hours in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.