Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Thailand Asia and Indian Ocean
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
CLUB MED PHUKET
3 KATA ROAD 83100
Telephone: (66) 76 330 456 à 459 Fax: (66) 76 330 461
Thailand in brief
- Surface area: 514,000 sq km
- Capital: Bangkok
- Official language: Thai
- Currency: the Thai Baht
- Religions: Buddhism (94%)
Useful facts for your stay at Phuket Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Thailand
- in January: New Year (31 December, 1 January) / Phuket Old Town Festival, a 3-day event held in January to promote tourism in Phuket / Chinese New Year (January or February)
- in February: Magha Puja, a Buddhist festival (end of February) / Wat Chalong (major festival in Phuket’s most venerated temple, during Chinese New Year)
- in March: Two Heroine Sisters’ Festival, a major celebration, the most important in Thailand, in hommage to two sisters who halted the Burman invasion of Phuket in 1785 (during March)
- in April: Chakri Day, to celebrate the founding of the current dynasty (6 April) / Songkran: the Thai New Year (13-15 April)
- in May: Coronation Day (5 May) / Royal Ploughing Ceremony (during May) / Visahka Puja or Vesak, the celebration of the birth, enlightenment and passing of Buddha (May or June)
- in July: Khao Pansa Day is the beginning of Buddhist Lent, where candles play a major role in the festivities (during July) / Tak Bat Dok Mai (end of July)
- in August: the birthday of Queen Sirikit is a public holiday and is also Mother’s Day (12 August)
- in October: Vegetarian festival (6 – 14 October / Ok Phansa marks the end of the Buddhist Lent (during October)
- in November: Loy Krathong, the most splendid of the Thai festivals, in honour of Mae Konghkha, goddess of water (during November) / the gathering of elephants (early November)
- in December: the King’s birthday (5 December) / Constitution Day (10 December) / Christmas (25 December)
• Thai culinary specialities
- Soups: kaeng chut (vegetable soup with shrimps or pork), tom yam kung (shrimp soup with lemon grass)
- Dishes: khao phat (fried rice with chicken, crab or shrimps), thot man pla (fish fitters), khanom cheen (rice and noodles with curry sauce), bo pia sot (type of spring roll found only in Phuket Town), khao mok khai (yellow rice with chicken)
- Noodle specialities: pad thai (fried noodles with meat or seafood, raw or cooked bean sprouts, crushed peanuts and cashew nuts, tofu and dried shrimps), kuai tio haeng (noodles with Chinese sauce, meat, vegetables and eggs
- Desserts: exotic fruits: pineapple, rambutan, banana, papaya…
• Flora and fauna native to Thailand
- Flora: pine tree, Japanese cedar, oak tree, eucalyptus
- Fauna: birds, tapirs, chaus (marsh cats), elephants, snakes…
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Thailand
- Hello, good evening, goodbye (said by a woman): sawat di kha
- Hello, good evening, goodbye (said by a man): sawat di khrap
- Thankyou (said by a woman): kop khun kha
- Thankyou: (said by a man): kop khun khrap
- Yes / No: tchaî / may tchaî
- Please: karuna
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Phuket Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Phuket Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Towns located nearby:
● Phuket Town is 30 kms from Club Med
Certain major celebrations, such as the Vegetarian Festival, the Chinese New Year and the Thai New Year, focus mainly on Phuket Town
Travel time: a 20-minute drive.
● Patong is 20 kms from Club Med
There is a beautiful beach and lots of typical shop.
Travel time: a 15-minute drive.
● Phuket Aquarium
The climate in Thailand
Phuket has a humid, tropical climate.
The tourist season lasts all year round in Thailand, but the climate varies a little from one region to another.
The most pleasant season for visiting Phuket is from November to March; this is the so-called “cool” season, though temperatures remain high. From November to April, there is little wind, so the seas is calm. From May to October, water sports are still possible but there may be strong west winds. The hot season is mid-March to mid-May.
Phuket is in the south of Thailand, so compared to the rest of the country there is no real rainy season.
GMT time difference : + 7 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.