Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Italy Countryside and European summits
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Ski in ski out
Charm & Prestige
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED PRAGELATO VIALATTEA
VIA ROHRBACH - FRAZIONE PLAN 10060
Italy in brief
- Surface area: 301,300 sq km
- Capital: Rome
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: Catholicism (83%) Useful facts for your stay at Pragelato Vialattea Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Italy, including those specific to the Piedmont
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January) / Epiphany (6 January)
- in February: Festa di Racchettinvalle: a friendly snow shoe race that attracts participants from Italy and all over the world.
- in March: Culture Week throughout Italy: state museums, sites and monuments are free of charge (between the end of March and early May) / Easter (March or April)
- in April: Liberation Day (25 April)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in June: Festival of Flowers on the Piazza Lantelme / Festa della Repubblica (2 June)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August) / Festa della Ghironda: a local instrument, made in the village of Pragelato
- in November: All Saints Day (1er November) / Festival of National Unity (5 November)
- in December: Immaculate Conception (8 December) / Christmas Day and St Stephen’s Day (25 and 26 December) / Capod’anno (31 December).
• Italian culinary specialities, including specialities of the Piedmont
- Starters: agnoletti (dish of minced veal and pork), minestrone …
- Dishes: brasato al Barolo (a spicey stew with Barolo, a great local wine ), bollito misto (with beef, tongue, veal, chicken, sausage and vegetables), finanziera (a dish of cock’s combs and veal)…
- Specialites with the Turin or Piedmont label: stuffed peppers, pizza alla piemontese…
- Desserts: bonet piedmontese with chocolate and amaretti, gianduja chocolate
• Flora and fauna native to Italy and specific to the Piedmont
- Craftwork: dolls, pottery, silverwork, leather, textiles…
- Local produce: hazelnut pate, pepper and salts, herbs and aromatic plants…
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Italy
- Hello: buongiorno
- Goodbye: arrivederci
- Thankyou: grazie
- Yes / No: si / no
- Please: per favore
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Pragelato Vialattea Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Pragelato Vialattea Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Historic towns nearby:
● Vicoforte is 160 km from Club Med. It is a small town in the province of Coni where you can visit a number of sanctuaries, monasteries and basilicas.
Travel time: a 2 and a half-hour drive.
● Barolo is 120 km from Club Med. This small village has lent its names to one of Italy’s finest red wines. There are a number of pedestrian streets where you’ll find plenty of wine shops. The major monument is the mediaeval castle.
Travel time: a 2 hour -drive
● The Lake of Mont Cenis is an artificial lake between the French and Italian borders. There are numerous activities possible, such as sailing, mountain biking, hiking, …
Travel time: a 1 and a half hour-drive
● The Sacra di San Michele is a religious complex on Mount Pirchiriano, one of the most famous Benedictine abbeys.
Travel time: a 1 and a half hour-drive
● Sestrière is 10 km from Club Med. It has a fine 18-hole golf course, the highest in Europe.
Travel time: a 10-minute drive
The climate in the Piedmont region
The Resort is at the foot of the Alps in the Piedmont region. The region has a continental climate. The winters are cold, but the days are generally sunny. Given the altitude, temperatures can be quite low in the morning, but heat up in the afternoon, and the ski slopes are generally sunny. The nights can be very chilly.
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.