Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Dominican Rep Caribbean and American coasts
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED PUNTA CANA
APT POSTAL 106 - HIGUEY Telephone: (1) 809 686 55 00 Fax: (1) 809 959 52 87
The Dominican Republic in brief
- Surface area: 48,670 sq km
- Capital: Santo Domingo
- Official language: Spanish
- Currency: the Dominican Peso
- Religions: Catholicism (95%)
Useful facts for your stay at Punta Cana Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in the Dominican Republic
- in January: Festival of the Virgin of Altagracia, the patron saint and spiritual mother of the Domincan people (21 January) / Duarte Day, one of the founders of the Republic (26 January)
- in February: Independence Day (27 February) / Carnival
- in March / April: Good Friday (there are many festivities in most touristic areas on the four days leading up to Easter Monday)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in June: Corpus Christi
- in July: Santo Domingo Merengue Festival (second half of July)br>
- in September: Notre Dame de Las Mercedes (24 September)
- in October: Commemoration of the discovery of America
- in November: Constitution Day (6 November)
- in December: Christmas (25 December) / from 12 December to 2 Janaury, the end of year celebrations take place in the Central Park at Santo Domingo
• Culinary specialities in the Dominican Republic
- Dishes: sancocho (a stew of seven different meats, and vegetables), chivo guisado (goat meat marinated with onions, peppers, garlic, origano and rum), pica pollo (fried chichen with bananas), mondongo (stew of beef or pork tripe, with lime)
- Desserts: tostones (banana fritters), chaca (sweet milk with cinnamon and coconut milk)
• Flora and fauna native to the Dominican Republic
- Flora: the national flower is the exotic Bayahibe rose; there are 300 varieties of orchids, flamboyant, royal palm trees, mangroves, pine and cedar trees; many tropical fruit trees such as mango and passion fruit; tobacco, sugar cane and manioc
- Fauna: many reptiles (snakes, crocodiles, iguana, rhinoceros), birds (hummingbirds, storks, pelicans …) and butterflies; from January to March, whales in the region of Samana.
• Shopping in the Dominican Republic
- Craftwork: jewelry, with local stones such as amber, larimar (turquoise) and black coral, colourful paintings (native art, the heritage of the Tainos Indians), faceless clay dolls, mahogany rocking chairs, rum…
- The island is the world’s largest producer of cigars.
• A few useful expressions for your stay in the Dominican Republic
- Hello: buenos dias
- Goodbye: hasta la vista
- Thankyou: gracias
- Yes / No: si, no
- Please: por favor
• Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Punta Cana Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Punta Cana Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
• La Romana is 90 kms from Club Med. It has brightly coloured, picturesque wooden houses, the Duarte Park, the Church of Santa Rosa de Lima and Caleton Beach
• The capital, Santo Domingo, is 200 kms from Club Med. The first city of the New World, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
The climate in the Dominican Republic
In the middle of the Caribbean Sea, between the equator and the tropic of Cancer, Hispaniola Island (the eastern part of which is the Dominican Republic) has a tropical climate tempered by the alizé trade winds. During the dry season, from November to April, the average temperature is around 25°C. Between November and December, there may be showers at the end of the day.
Temperatures reach a maximum of 30°C in August. The sea surface temperature varies from 27°C in winter to 30°C in summer.
GMT time difference : - 4 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.