Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Bycicle mountain bike
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED SERRE CHEVALIER
LE BEZ 05240
LA SALLE LES ALPES
Telephone: (33) 4 92 24 62 00 Fax: (33) 4 92 24 90 80
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Serre-Chevalier Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July) / Jazz N’ Bouf Festival (concerts and food on a number of different sites in the valley)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Hautes-Alpes region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Hautes-Alpes region
- Flora: larch and Arolla pines
- Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, ermine, voles; royal eagles, eagle owls, peregrine falcons
• Shopping in the Hautes-Alpes region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Serre-Chevalier Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Serre-Chevalier Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Isère region.
In the Hautes-Alpes, in the heart of the Valley of La Guisane, the valley of Serre-Chevalier stretches from Briançon to Le Mônetier les Bains, via a string of small villages.
Plenty of activities both summer and winter. From Serre-Chevalier Club Med follow the Guisane (the paths are marked) and discover the Rocher Blanc, where life began some 300 million years ago. Serre-Chevalier Club Med is located:
- 15 km from Briançon, a city of art and history, with its Vauban fortifications (a world heritage site), its museum of the history of skiing in the Briançon region and its Maison du Parc National des Ecrins
- 48 km from the Parc National des Ecrins, France’s fifth largest national park, with 740 km of footpaths, summits over 3,000 m high and some forty glaciers.
The climate in the Hautes-Alpes
With a temperate, continental-type climate, the Valley of the Guisane has cold winters with good snow cover and hot summers.
In spring and autumn, the Foehn - a hot, dry wind - blows over the Alps. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.