Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Tignes Val Claret
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Ski in ski out
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED TIGNES VAL CLARET
Telephone: (33) 4 79 06 73 70 Fax: (33) 4 79 06 51 00
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Tignes Val Claret Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in March: Winter X Games in Tignes (a 3-day freestyle competition)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees - Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Tignes Val Claret Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Tignes Val Claret Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
In the Haute Tarentaise in the Massif de la Vanoise, Tignes lies in the heart of the Espace Killy ski domain at an altitude of 2,000 m
Discover the traditional village of Val d’Isère with its Baroque church (St Bernard de Menthon), its chapels – Fornet, Laisinant, Joseray and Daille – and its large stone chalets with sculpted wooden balconies.
Tignes Val Claret Club Med is located:
- 6 km from the traditional village of Val d’Isère
- 15 km from the Hauts-de-Villaroger nature reserve, with its hiking paths where you can explore the local fauna (deer, wild boar, squirrels) and flora (Arolla pines, rhodedendrons)
- 18 km from Sainte Foy Tarentaise, a mountain community with a number of hamlets: le Miroir, with its chapel and houses with stone pillars, and le Monal, a listed village at an altitude of 1,874 m, accessible only by foot (a one and a half hour walk)
- 90 km from Albertville, which hosted the 1992 Winter Olympics.
Aime La Plagne Club Med is a few hundred metres from La Plagne 2100.
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.