Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Brazil Caribbean and American coasts
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Spa & Wellness
CLUB MED TRANCOSO,ESTRADA MUNICIPAL
KM 18 FAZENDA TAIPE S/N 45810-000
TRANCOSO, PORTO SEGURO BA CEP
Telephone: (55) 73 9 35 75 84 00 Fax: (55) 73 9 35 75 84 84
Brazil in brief
- Surface area: 8,514,876 sq km
- Capital: Brasilia
- Official language: Portuguese
- Currency: the Real
- Religions: Catholicism (64.6%), Protestantism (32.2%)
Useful facts for your stay at Trancoso Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Brazil
There are numerous festivals throughout this vast country. Besides the Rio Carnival, many towns also have their own carnival. Each town also celebrates its own “anniversary” date, and that of its patron saint:
- in January: New Year (1 January)
- in February: the Rio Carnival takes place every year between Epiphany and Lent, 4 days before Ash Wednesday (in February or March)
- in March: Good Friday and Easter Monday (March or April)
- in April: anniversary of the death of Tiradentes, martyr of Brazil’s Independence, considered a national hero (21 April)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May)
- in June: Festas Juninas, a celebration of the saints of the month (Anthony, John and Peter), in many towns throughout the country / Bumba Meu Boi, a Brazilian folk theatrical tradition of death and resurrection, featuring human and animal characters (end of June to August)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in September: Independence Day (7 September)
- in October: our Lady of Aparecida, the patron saint of Brazil (12 October)
- in November: Day of the Dead (2 November) / Anniversary of the Proclamation of the Republic in 1889 (15 November)
- in December: St Nicholas (6 December) / Christmas (25 December) / New Year’s Eve is also the Festa de Iemanja, goddess of the water, in the Umbanda religion.
• Brazilian culinary specialities
- Starters: Salgadinhos (assortment of savory snacks with meat, fish, etc), frango a passarinho (small pieces of chicken with garlic and black pepper, caldo de sururu (mussel soup)
- Dishes: rice and beans are the staple ingredients of Brazilian cuisine: feijoada (red or black beans, rice and pork), churrasco (beef, lamb, pork or poultry), virada a paulista (beans, rice, cabbage, garlic sausage, thin steak, banana and fried egg), carne do sol (salted or smoked beef with manioc puree)
- Desserts: pudim (milk flan), pé de moleque (a peanut and caramel sweet), romeo e julieta (sweet fruit paste with cheese) and exotic fruits (acai, acerola cherries, caja, mangaba, passion fruit
• Flora and fauna in Brazil
- Flora: partially covered by the Amazon forest, Brazil is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of biodiversity, with savannah, pampa, tropical forest and marshland
- Fauna: toucans, colibiris, pumas, jaguars, dolphins, monkies, turtles, lizards, snakes
• Shopping in Brazil
- Craftwork: precious and semi-precious stones (amethyst, diamond, emerald…), ceramics, Brazilian sandals, lace doilies or table mats, Havaianas flip flops, wooden objects…
- Local produce: chocolate-covered fruit jellies, cashew nuts, mangoes, cachaça (sugar cane liqueur)…
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Brazil
- Hello (in the morning): bom dia
- Hello (in the afternoon): boa tarde
- Good evening, Goodnight: boa noite
- Thankyou: obrigado (pronounced by a man), obrigada (pronounced by a woman)
- Yes / No: sim / nao
- Please: por favor
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Trancoso Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Rio Das Pedras Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
● Trancoso is 6 km from Club Med
Trancoso has preserved its authenticity, with a charming main square, a UNESCO heritage site, overlooking some of the finest beaches – Nativos, Coqueiros and Petra Grande are all nearby. The historic centre has preserved traces of its colonial history; it has colourful houses and a white church looking out over the ocean.
Travel time: a 15-minute drive
● Arraial d’Ajuda is 8 km from Club Med
The town is perched on the clifftops, surrounded by the Mata Atlantica and numerous beaches – Praia Mucuge, Do Parracho, Piting and d’Ajuda …. It is renowned for its fountain, its church built in 1549 (one of Brazil’s first Catholic churches) and the charming Mucuge Street.
Travel time: a 25-minute drive
● Porto Seguro is 45 km from Club Med
A very popular seaside resort with superb beaches. This is where the lambada comes from, and where Brazil was discovered, on 22 April 1500 by Pedro Alvares Cabral and his Portuguese expedition. There are many things of interest including the remains of Brazil’s first town; the cidade alta has national monument status, with 3 churches to visit. There are many beaches.
Travel time: a 1-hour drive
Trancoso Club Med is on the Atlantic coast in the state of Bahia and has an ideal temperature all year round. Temperatures range from 21 to 30°C.
The hot summer period is from December to March, but temperatures are also very pleasant in the winter period, from June to September.
GMT time difference : between - 1 and - 4 hours in summer
GMT time difference : - 2 and - 5 hours in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.