Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Turks & Caicos Caribbean and American coasts
Resorts without children: Friends, singles, couples
CLUB MED TURQUOISE
BRITISH WEST INDIES
Telephone: (1) 649 946 55 00 Fax: (1) 649 946 54 97
Turks & Caicos in brief
- Surface area: 430 sq km
- Capital: Cockburn Town
- Official language: English
- Currency: the Dollar
- Religions: Baptist (40%), Methodist (16%), Anglican (18%), Church of God (12%), Adventists of the 7th Day (2%), Pentecostalists (2%)
Useful facts for your stay at Turks & Caicos Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Turks & Caicos
- in January: New Year (1 January)
- in February: Commonwealth Day
- in March or April: Good Friday / Easter Monday
- in May: National Heroes Day
- in June: the Queen’s Birthday
- in July: Provo Summer Festival (regattas, parades, election of Miss Turks & Caicos)
- in August: Emancipation Day / Carnival and reggae on Grand Turk
- in October: Columbus Day / Human Rights Day
- in December: Christmas Day / Boxing Day
• Culinary specialities of Turquoise
- Starters: lobster, crab, shellfish (marinated conch is a particular speciality), fish
- Dishes: fried or boiled fish
- Desserts: tropical fruits (mango, pineapple, papaya, mangoustan)
• Flora and fauna native to Turks & Caicos
- Flora: red-flowering cactus
- Fauna: iguana, turtles, flamingos (there are some 150 species of birds native to the islands); coral, reef fish, gorgons, whales, dolphins, lobster. There are 33 nature reserves in the archipelago, including underwater reserves.
• Shopping on Turquoise
- Craftwork: paintings inspired by traditional Haitian native art, jewelry, batik
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Turks & Caicos Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Turks & Caicos Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
• Provo (Providenciales) is a popular tourist centre that stretches the length of Grace Bay, 2 km from Club Med
• Mudjin HarborMiami is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean
• There are plenty of good spots for scuba diving enthusiasts.
The climate on Turquoise
Between the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic, opposite Cuba, the Turks & Caicos Islands have a tropical climate, tempered by the trade winds. During the dry season, from March to November, the temperature averages 26°C, but can go up to 32°C. December to April are the months with the highest rainfall, with temperatures averaging 23°C.
GMT time difference : - 4 hours
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.