Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
France The French Alps, France
Ski in ski out
Charm & Prestige
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED VAL D'ISERE
Telephone: (33) 4 79 41 34 34 Fax: (33) 4 79 06 17 79
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Val d'Isère Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January) / Classicaval de Val d’Isère (festival of classical music, with concerts in January and March)
- in April: Easter Monday / Festival du Film “Aventure et Découverte” de Val d’Isère
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July) / Edelweiss Festival at Les Arcs (folk and world music)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees - Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Val d’Isère Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Val d’Isère Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
In the Haute Tarentaise, in the Massif de la Vanoise, Val d’Isère ski resort is in the heart of the Espace Killy ski domain. The resort hosts the Alpine Ski World Cup every year.
You can discover the traditional village of Val d’Isère with its Baroque church (St Bernard de Menthon) and chapels – Fornet, Laisinant, Joseray, Daille – and its large stone chalets with sculpted wooden balconies.
Val d’Isère Club Med is located:
- 6 km from Tignes, an internationally renowned ski resort at 2,000 metres
- 90 km from Albertville, which hosted the 1992 Winter Olympics
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.