Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Val Thorens Sensations
France The French Alps, France
Ski in ski out
Spa & Wellness
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED VAL THORENS
SAINT MARTIN DE BELLEVILLE
Telephone: (33) 4 79 00 04 83 Fax: (33) 4 79 01 15 19
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Val Thorens Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July) br>
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees - Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Val Thorens Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Val Thorens Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
In the Valley des Belleville, at an altitude of 2,300 metres, in the 3 Valleys ski domain (the largest in the world, with over 600 km of ski runs), Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe.
Val Thorens Club Med is located:
- 15 km from Courchevel, an internationally renowned ski resort
- 20 km from the Parc National de la Vanoise, with typical local animals such as the ibex and chamois, and many other animals and birds of prey
- 37 km from the Vallée de la Clarée, one of the most important nature reserves in the area, with exceptionally beautiful and well-preserved landscapes.
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2. Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.