Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1300 855 052*toll free
Valmorel - Chalet-Apartment
France Countryside and European summits
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Bycicle mountain bike
Spa & Wellness
LES CHALETS DE VALMOREL
HAMEAU DU BOIS DE LA CROIX 73260
France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Valmorel Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and in Savoie
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in March: Winter X Games in Tignes (a 3-day freestyle competition)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Savoie region
- Starters: cured meats and sausages; caïon (a pork dish, the meat is marinated then cooked)
- Dishes: fondue, raclette, croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), crozets (small, square pasta), fish such as lavaret (freshwater fish in the salmon family), perch and mountain trout
- Cheese: Beaufort, Abondance, Tomme de Savoie, Tomme des Bauges, Emmental, goat’s cheese
- Desserts: Savoy sponge cake
• Flora and fauna native to the Savoie region
- Flora: edelweiss, gentiane, Alpine snowbell, lavender, arnica, turban lily, Alpine rose; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees - Fauna: chamois, marmots, ibex, lynx, royal eagles
• Shopping in the Savoie region
- Craftwork: knives, wood, watches; other typical local industries are tanneries and spinning mills
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Valmorel Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Valmorel Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Savoy region.
In the heart of the Massif de la Tarentaise, Valmorel lies at the edge of the forest: the resort has preserved its traditional, local architecture.
You can explore the hamlets of Valmorel and its centre, Bourg-Morel, with its pedestrian streets and little squares, its stone and wood chalets, slate roofs and trompe l’oeil façades.
Valmorel Club Med is located:
- 15 km from the spa resort of La Lèchère br>
- 16 km from the internationally renowned resort of Courchevel
- 22 km from Albertville, which hosted the Winter Olympics in 1992
The climate in the Savoy region of France
The Tarentaise Valley has a temperate, continental-type climate, making it relatively dry and sunny. It has cold, snowy winters and hot summers that can be stormy at times.
In winter, the cold air tends to gather at the bottom of the valley, while the hot air rises.
The Föhn is a hot, dry wind that blows throughout the Alps in spring and autumn. It heats the earth fast, making it a fertile region for vegetation in general and fruit in particular.
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.