- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro
- Religions: the majority are Catholic
Useful facts for your stay at Vittel Ermitage / Vittel Le Parc Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in France and the Vosges
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday / the Frog Fair at Vittel (27 and 28 April)
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in July: Bastille Day (14 July)
- in August: Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Armistice Day (11 November)
- in December: Christmas Day (25 December) / St Nicolas (6 December)
• Culinary specialities of the Vosges region
- Starters: quiche lorraine, toffailles (potatoes, bacon and onions)
- Dishes: roast sander with girolle mushrooms and crayfish, Lorraine carp
- Desserts: mirabelle tart, bonbons des Vosges (hard sweets), honey
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Vittel Ermitage Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Vittel Ermitage Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
• Musée du Patrimoine et du Thermalisme: this museum tells the history of Vittel, including the discovery of the spa waters in 1854
• Les Jardins de la Terre, located in the heart of the Vittel Spa, above the ground water
• La Vigie de l’Eau, a science museum dedicated to water, with permanent exhibitions, and workshops held at the Cybertheque
• The Church of Saint-Remy has been a listed Monument since 1926
• At Nancy, 90 km from Club Med, Place Stanislas, Place de la Carrière and the Place d’Alliance are all UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The climate in the Vosges region
The region has a continental climate, with contrasted and relatively extreme seasons: the winters are quite hard, in spring the temperatures can vary a lot within the day, the summers can be very hot and sometimes stormy.
GMT time difference: + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference : + 1 hour in winter
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.