Speak to our dedicated Club Med travel advisors1800 258 263*toll free
Resorts with children's/teens' clubs: Families, couples, friends
Charm & Prestige
Included après-ski activities
CLUB MED WENGEN
Telephone: (41) 33 856 87 87 Fax: (41) 33 856 87 96
Switzerland in brief
- Official name: Swiss or Helvetic Confederation, made up of 26 cantons
- Surface area: 41,285 sq km, including 1,289 sq km of lakes
- Capital: Berne
- Official languages: German, French, Italian and Romanche
- Currency: the Swiss Franc
- Religions: Catholicism (39%) and Reformed Evangelical Church (33%) are the major religions
Useful facts for your stay at Wengen Club Med
• Main public holidays and events in Switzerland and the Wengen region
- in January: New Year’s Day (1 January)
- in April: Easter Monday
- in May: Labour Day (1 May) / Ascension Day / Whit Monday
- in June: Solennité Burgdorf (canton de Berne, during June)
- in August: Swiss National Day (1 August) / Assumption of the Virgin Mary (15 August)
- in September: Federal Fast Day (day of penitence and prayer, on the 3rd Sunday in September)
- in November: All Saints Day (1 November) / Ewigkeitssonntag (Protestant Church, commemoration of the dead, the last Sunday before the first Sunday of Advent, end of November)
- in December: St Nicolas (6 December) / Christmas Day (25 December)
• Swiss culinary specialities
- Starters: wide variety of cured meats: salami, cabbage sausage, Vaudois sausage, Valais dried meat and Grison meat, longeole genevois (sausage with pork and lean meat)
- Dishes: cheese fondue, raclette (melted cheese with potatoes, gherkins and cold meats), croutes (melted cheese and white wine on bread), röstri (crispy potato cake), bölletünne (onion tart with bacon, a Vaudois speciality), capuns (meat, cheese and lettuce leaves)
- Cheese: cheese of the Swiss Alps (Tessin and Berne), emmental, gruyère, tête de Moine, Freibourg vacherin, Mont d’Or vacherin
- Desserts: zug cherry liqueur cake, pear bread (pie with pears cooked in red wine, figs, prunes, dates and almonds), bünder nusstorte (honey and walnut tart, a Grisons speciality), boules de sils (chocolate speciality from the Grisons).
• Flora and fauna native to Switzerland
- Flora: edelweiss, anemones, Alpine asters, rhododendrons, dwarf junipers; willow, poplar, beech, pine, ash, larch and elm trees
- Fauna: chamois and ibex; frogs and black Alpine salamander; over 200 species of birds
• Shopping in Switzerland
- Craftwork: watches, knives
- Local produce: cheese, chocolate, liqueurs
• A few useful expressions for your stay in Switzerland
- Hello: allegra, bundi (in Romanche) / Grüezi (Swiss German)
- Goodbye: a revair, chau (in Romanche) / Uf Wiederluäga (Swiss German)
- Yes / No: gea / na (in Romanche); ja / nein (in Swiss German)
- Please: per piaschair (in Romanche) / bitte (in Swiss German)
Places of interest to discover in the area surrounding Villars sur Ollon Club Med
Make the most of your stay at Wengen Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of Switzerland.
Wengen is a pedestrian-only resort in the heart of the Oberland Bernois, at an altitude of 1,400 metres, on the west side of the Männlichen. It has a magnificent view over the surrounding mountains. It is located:
• 23 km from Lauterbrunnen, a superb valley and the starting point for the rack railway to Wengen
• 25 km from Interlaken, between Lake Thoune and Lake Brienz
• 1 hour 40 minute ride by rack railway to the top of the Jungfrau, at an altitude of 3,454 metres.
The Swiss climate
Switzerland has a relatively temperate climate in the populated areas, but the temperatures get much colder, the higher you get.
In winter, Switzerland is the skier’s paradise. In the highest zones of the Alps and the Jura Mountains, the snow lasts practically 6 months of the year. Most of the ski runs have good exposure to the sun.
GMT time difference : + 2 hours in summer
GMT time difference: + 1 hour in summer
Météonews provides live weather news for this Resort and forecasts for the next 5 days.
All prices are per adult, based on twin share room booking. (Room type is based on availability.)
2.Add number of guests to get a detailed quote
Date of birthchildcare
Club Med is a great place to share with your friends and extended family
To book more than 6 guests, please call :
1300 855 052
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays.