France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro.
Make the most of your stay at L’Alpe d’Huez La Sarenne to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the Isère region.
L’Alpe d’Huez ski resort is located in one of France’s largest ski domains, with 237 km of Alpine skiing runs and 50 km of runs for cross-country skiing.
From L’Alpe d’Huez La Sarenne Club Med there are shuttles enabling you to explore the area, where you can discover:
- L’Alpe d’Huez, with its beautiful modern church, Notre Dame des Neiges. Visit the ice cave with its fabulous ice sculptures and an altiport built for the 10th Winter Olympics held in Grenoble in 1968. Every year in January, there is also an international festival of comic films
- Many typical villages, such as Auris-en-Oisans, Huez-en-Oisans, La Garde, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and Villard Reculas
- Grenoble, one of the major towns in the Rhône Alpes region, is 59 km away. It has many churches and religious buildings, parks, concert halls and is renowned for its gastronomy.